Monday, March 28, 2011

17 Day Diet

So Joe and I have decided to diet together. I'm pretty sick of this whole gained so much weight. "they say" that keeping a food blog would help the process in succeeding. I'm pretty confident in this one. I have been practicing in way for awhile now trying to eat healthier. So i'm getting better. The diet will be the test. With Joe being with me on this, i'm hoping we will be good support for each other. So what's the diet? It's the big diet thats going on right now that Dr. Phill and the t.v show The Doctors, called The 17 Day Diet. In other words its 4 cycles of 17 days. So all i have to think about is i can do this for 17 days. Not thinking i have to do this forever! I have had a hard time being ok with dieting and this one i have found i agree with the most so this is why i picked it out. So basically this cycle is all about no carobs and sugar. Which i though was going to be hard. But i know I need to do talking to different doctors, so i have been cutting down a lot. So lots of protein and good veggies. So far it's been one day and a half and I haven't been hungry at all after meals and feel satisfied. Surprisingly i have not been feeling cravings for sugar or pasta which i though would happen since i love the stuff. But feel like i have more energy. So i think this cycle is going to be easier than i thought. I have pretty much planned out this weeks meals for the whole day with snacks so i don't have to think about it and can prepare stuff ahead of time so when i am lazy, i don't resort to eating something from Isabel's shelf.. ha. Any-who.. thats my story. here is a picture of the dinner i prepared for us tonight. Which i though was very good and i didn't even finish it all. i never knew turkey sausage could taste so good but i liked it more than pork sausage and didn't gross me out. so that was amazing to me. I ended up eating 1 1/2 of them.

I am interested in how many calories and carobs I am taking in so i am entering my meals in myfitnesspal.com which is free. For its diet for me technically i can only have 1200 cal everyday. which now its the end of the day and i have 623 calories and 140 carobs left today. And with the the 17 day program i can still have a yogurt later which i think i will have for dessert. So i feel pretty good about today.


my dinner alone was cal-388
carbs-11 - good job!
protein- 29g - good job!
fat- 25
(including another half of sausage)
so not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment